75 terra

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I'm sure you meant to say '76 Terra, as the Terra first appeared for the '76 model year. If it's early production '76, it may have been built in '75. Tylically, production for the upcoming year started at theend of July or the first of August for the following model year. As it happened, production of the '76s began July 25, 1975, with the VIN sequentials starting at FGD10001. The first Scout to be built in the '76 calendar year, January 1, 1976, was FGD25098, so 15,098 Scouts had been built by that time. The Fire Orange (looks like) with the Rallye applique is stunning. Was it born a Terra Rallye? If so, it's a rare bird. I haven't counted the '76 model year Rallyes yet, but my '77 count is complete and thre were less than 100 that year. I suspect '76 had a few more, due to it being the intro year, but it would still be rare. Finally, what brand of topper is that? I've seen them before but am having brain fade on the specifics. Nice, nice rig!

Reactions: lefty
Thanks for info.. so the Build sheet and vin says it was built oct 7 1975. But yes it the 76 year model.. . it’s all original except the 2.5in lift and wheels and tires..
ayr-way camper topper.. 1684349739159.jpeg1684349384323.jpeg

Also, it's a Gold Star! Cleverly called "Pickup Rallye" in the '76 Gold Star book. Custom trim level interior, AC... top-o-the-line in every way. On so many levels, you have a Scout to envy!

I see you also have a "Revised Line Sequence number".
Not sure what yours means for your truck, or why assembly was delayed, but that was the case.
It was meant to be #2624, but instead, it "Followed" #2813 down the line.
It's in shared company with the Last Light Truck, earlier in 1975, which had a revised Line Sequence Number, as well as the Last Scout, whose assembly was delayed in order to run down the line last, in order be presented to a Board Member of IH as the Last Scout Built.

Good luck with your truck.

Last edited:
View attachment 1023 75. Scout Terra. Original paint garage kept zero rest.
Beautiful Terra! We are currently looking to pick a nice example up for our collection.

I see Jim and Mike already chimed in with some historic info. It is always neat to see the history and piece things together.

Lastly be sure and add it to our Registry in the main navigation above.

Thanks for posting!

Jamie