_GFX3665.jpg

Old Gold 1970 Scout 800A

1970 Scout 800A
  • From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
  • Welcome Guest to the Scout Registry!

Our goal is to create the largest Scout Registry in the world. If you own a Scout, regardless of year or condition, we want to see it.

Just click on the "Add Vehicle" button and you can start the process. You can add a Title (your user name, model year, etc.), Brief Description (color name, model year, model) and a "Tell Us More About Your Scout:" where you can enter in your backstory, details about your Scout, modifications, restoration history, fun ownership stories and photos of your vehicle. You can also come back and modify or add to your registry entry at any time.

Also, please upload photos if you have them. You can also embed the photos into your story that you create so that people can see larger versions.

We look forward to seeing and hearing more about your Scout!
1970 Scout 800A

Tell us about your Scout:

I picked up this Scout from the original owner in December 2018. It was last registered in 2001 and given it's lack of rust and retaining nearly all of the original parts I would have to assume it was garaged up until the 2000's, then probably relegated to life outside as it sat unregistered. I spent 6 months getting it back on the road, doing all the work in the communcal parking garage of our townhouse in Venice Beach. I left the original paint on the outside and repainted the interior with Lizard Skin sound & ceramic insulation, finished with the new gold paint over top.

The following has been replaced between 2019 and 2022:
  • Holley Sniper Fuel Injection
  • Resealed all engine gaskets, rear main seal & freeze plugs
  • Electronic distributor by Bill Hamilton
  • New water pump, thermostat, coil, leads
  • Power Steering conversion
  • Scout II T19 Transmission, new clutch and clutch cable
  • D&C Extreme Power Brake Booster
  • High Horsepower Sales front disc brakes and new premium warn hubs & bearings
  • Rear brake kit and bearings with rear diff converted to oil bath setup
  • CPT Suspension & Tie Rod & Drag Link
  • New Universal Joints
  • Firestone helper airbags on the rear, ARB air compressor on board
  • Backcountry Binders Body bushings
  • Newport Electric Wipers
  • H4 Headlights
  • Old Air Products AC
  • Dual battery with Redarc DC controller
  • Recovered bench seat
  • Storage Boxes by Binderboneyard
  • IHparts Roll/Show bar with 3 point retractable seatbelts
  • SR2/Aristocrat Side windows with 70% ceramic tint on all windows
  • New window tracks & felts
I have a Treeline Outdoors Rooftop Tent on a Front Runner Slimline roofrack, Yakima Terrain Road Shower, ARB awning and Dometic fridge for camping and I have put about 30000 miles on it. most notably I drove it for 3 months from LA to NYC, to Wyoming & South Dakota with the guys from New Legend, Tennessee a bunch of times between Nashville and down to Levi at Old Iron Offroad. There's always something to fix but it has never really let me down!

It has been published a few times in Retromotive and Engage 4WD magazines and recently featured on marqued.com

Also check it out on my YouTube

_GFX3665.jpg

_GFX1926_cropped.jpg

_GFX6178_insta.jpg

Comments

Vehicle information

Category
SCOUT 800
Added by
ShaunMaluga
Views
Watchers